Hollingsworth proposes term limits bill

Trey Hollingsworth, IN-09 GOP Congressional Candidate, tells students to back up political policies with real life experiences. Hollingsworth spoke at the Kelley School of Business Monday night.

For his first piece of legislation, Rep. Trey Hollingsworth, R-9th District, has proposed a bill to address term limits.

House Joint Resolution 23 would make an amendment to the Constitution by limiting the number of terms a member of Congress can serve in the House of Representatives to four and the Senate to two. There are currently no limits on how many terms Senators and 
Representatives can serve.

Hollingsworth said this bill is his top priority, according to a press release from Hollingsworth’s office.

“I made a promise to my fellow Hoosiers that my highest priority in Congress will be working to return our government to one that is by the people and for the people,” Hollingsworth said. “I am upholding my commitment to lead the fight for term limits to ensure that Members of Congress serve constituents as public servants.”

The bill will be entered into the Congressional Record and assigned to a committee for consideration before the full House and Senate can vote on it.

“As all Hoosiers know, our actions speak louder than our words,” Hollingsworth said. “That is why I made sure that my first official act was to draft this important piece of legislation that Hoosiers desperately wish to see enacted.”