Cardinal Stage Company receives large donation

From IDS reports

Bloomington group 100+ Women Who Care announced a donation of nearly $19,000 to the Cardinal Stage Company, according to a Cardinal Stage Company press release.

The goal of 100+ Women Who Care is to provide financial support to nonprofit organizations.

It selects an award recipient quarterly.

Members of the group must contribute $100 at each quarterly meeting along with a $100 annual commitment fee paid to the Community Foundation of Bloomington and Monroe County, according to the
release.

The money will be used to expand the IU Credit Union Education Initiative to serve an additional 3,000 elementary students enrolled in Title I Monroe County School Corporation schools, according to the release.

Those students will have the opportunity to attend special school matinées free of charge for the next three years.

Anne Kostyo, director of development for the Cardinal Stage Company, said their program gives kids who may not have the resources to see a live, professional theater production the opportunity to do so.

“It’s really critical to the work we do with students,” she said.

Cardinal Stage Company is the first arts organization to be awarded a donation from the group.

The fact 100+ Women Who Care donated to the arts is “really beautiful and meaningful to us,” Kostyo said.

“They invest their resources in groups that they believe in,” she said. “We can only hope that they would continue to support the arts among all the other wonderful causes,” she said.