Culture Shock lineup to announced this week

WIUX, IU’s student radio station, revealed this year’s Culture Shock lineup one day at a time throughout this week.

Culture Shock began in 1986 and is WIUX’s largest on-campus event, according to a WIUX press release.

Throughout this past week, the station has been putting up “Culture Clues” on its social media pages for followers to try and guess the artists before they’re revealed later in ?the day.

So far, Vista Kid Cruiser, Sirius Blvck and Oreo Jones, Dietrich Jon and Thee Tsunamis have been announced in the lineup.

Vista Kid Cruiser is an experimental dance/synthpop/vaporwave band, according to its Facebook page. On the page, the band members describe themselves as “Four cybernetic beings sent to Earth by the Higher Powers of outer space to make ?you dance.”

The headliner for Culture Shock will be ?announced Saturday at the Blockhouse during the Culture Shock Announcement Show, according to the release. There, the top three Culture Shock acts will be unveiled, according to the WIUX website. The show will begin at 9:30 p.m.

Dietrich Jon — a glamericana band, according to its Facebook page — is working on a full-length recording. It’s scheduled to be released October 2015, according to the band’s Bandcamp site.

Sirius Blvck and Oreo Jones are rappers based in Indianapolis.

Thee Tsunamis, a three-piece girl band from Bloomington, combines pop and grung elements of punk to create their unusual sound, ?according to the WIUX ?website.

Culture Shock is free and open to all ages. Past acts have included Mac DeMarco, Maps & Atlases, Ty Segall and Beach House, according to the release.

Culture Shock is ?scheduled for Saturday, April 11.