?Spanish pianist featured in Jacobs School of Music concert

Javier Arrebola, a Spanish pianist, is a post-doctoral scholar and visiting assistant professor of voice/collaborative piano at the Jacobs School of Music.

He and baritone Reuben Walker are pairing together for a faculty/student concert at the music school.

The concert will take place at 8 p.m. Friday in Auer Hall.

The concert was originally scheduled to take place Feb. 1.

Walker and Arrebola will be performing Franz Schubert’s “Winterreise (A Winter’s Journey).”

Respected as a ?collaborative musician, according to the music school, Arrebola performs in solo recitals, concerts with orchestras and chamber music and art-song ?collaborations.

Arrebola also collaborated with the National Youth Orchestra of Spain and represented Spain at the Schwetzingen Music Festival in Germany.

Arrebola has been invited twice to the Franz-Schubert-Institut in Austria as well as to the Aurora Chamber Music Festival in Sweden, according to the music school.

Experienced in teaching, Arrebola taught at the Universidad Mayor of Santiago de Chile and at the Sibelius Academy in ?Helsinki, Finland.

Additionally, Arrebola has offered concerts in several countries including Germany, France, Italy, the Czech Republic, Austria, Sweden, Finland, Peru, Chile, Canada and the United States, according to the music school press ?release.

One of Arrebola’s recent projects has been the public performance of all of Schubert’s finished piano sonatas, both on historical and modern instruments.

Arrebola is also working on his doctoral dissertation on Schubert’s unfinished piano sonatas.