The Outside Issue

Aug 20, 2009 4:17 pm

Let's Play

With his new book “Play,” Stuart Brown, founder of the National Institute for Play, has thrust playtime back into the national spotlight. but why is it so important? To find out, we sought out IU experts to talk about the benefits of a playful life at every age.

Sep 2, 2009 1:17 pm

Globalize your film collection

Hollywood’s yellow fever is a testament to the quality of Asian-produced film over the past decades. Here are some recent films from the region worth a watch.

Feb 17, 2009 11:00 am

Move in, move out, repeat.

Getting ready to pack your life into boxes ... again? Moving is never easy on your back, but there is a way to make it easier on the environment. Here’s how to go green and save some.

Aug 30, 2009 7:30 pm

Identity crisis

Your username. It’s your college calling card, your identity for four (or more) years, and the first thing you type when you sit down to a computer. When we enrolled, most of us were just looking for the purest form of a username: a first initial and last name.

Feb 17, 2009 11:00 am

Choose your own adventure.

You might think a wild night frolicking on Kirkwood is an expedition, but there’s more to local life. We’ve picked the best adventures in the Bloomington area. Go ahead — try something new. 

Aug 30, 2009 7:35 pm

Eat like a locavore

If you’ve unfolded the menus of Kirkwood restaurants, stepped foot in Bloomingfoods, or wandered around the Farmers’ Market on a Saturday morning, you know Bloomington natives like to eat locally grown food.

Feb 17, 2009 11:00 am

Hungry? You’ve got to try these.

The next time you spend an evening under the stars, don’t limit the menu to s’mores. In honor of our favorite outdoor activity (stuffing our faces!), we’re giving you our best recipes sure to light your fire.