The Home Issue

Oct 11, 2010 8:57 pm

What’s a cutter?

Merriam-Webster defines a cutter as a type of sailing vessel, a light sleigh, or people who cut. According to Urban Dictionary, cutters are people who inflict physical pain on themselves or those pesky individuals who cut in front of others in line. But in Bloomington, the word “cutter” takes on new meaning.

Oct 11, 2010 8:54 pm

Go ahead, call her a townie

Junior Emily Colman tells us about her block-and-a-half commute and the advantages of going to school in her hometown.

Nov 10, 2010 10:00 am

The Shepherd's Lamb

Students know him as an opinionated campus preacher. She knows him as dad.

Oct 12, 2010 2:18 am

The word that made your mom cry

It’s time to break out the tissue box. We asked you to tell us about the first time you called Bloomington “home.”

Oct 12, 2010 2:17 am

Our house: sound

Turn off your iPod. Take out your earbuds. Listen. The sounds of home are more addictive than any Lady GaGa song.

Oct 12, 2010 2:14 am

Our house: smell

Forget that “new car” smell. Inside asked readers to list the scents that reminded them of home. We think some ambitious Kelley School of Business students could get rich making “grilled fajitas” or “Dad’s cologne” air fresheners in the shape of a house.

Oct 12, 2010 2:13 am

Our house: sight

A house might have four walls, but the sights of home are a little less defined. Here are some hairstyles, landmarks, and objects that remind us of home.

Oct 12, 2010 2:12 am

Our house

We wanted to know what home means to you, so we surveyed 150 people about their homes of the past, present, and future.

Oct 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Craigslist companions

“Looking for a roommate who is clean, courteous, and compassionate.”– Sanserino’s Craigslist ad

Oct 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Roommate wars

Living with roommates? There will most likely be conflicts. And if your roommates don’t like conflicts, there will most likely be sticky notes.

Oct 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Quick change

We raided our rooms for the junk we stash away and never use. Then we gathered it all up and dropped it off with junior fashion merchandising major Sarah Donley. Her task: turn our trash into treasure.

Oct 12, 2010 2:06 am

What they carried

Home can be anywhere,  as long as you can make it yours.