C. Warner Sills

Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am

Last Word

Did you have a happy Valentine's Day? No, of course you didn't.

Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am

NOLA comes to Bloomington

Although New Orleans is more than 800 miles away, Bloomingtonians who crave Creole and Cajun-style cuisine this Mardi Gras -- or any other day -- don't have to travel far to get it. Locally owned Dats, nestled on the corner of Grant and Fourth streets, offers 32 authentic New Orleans-style dishes and the chance for patrons' taste buds to escape to the bayou without leaving town.

Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am

Mardi Gras Bloomington style

Students who want to catch beads and party the night away on Fat Tuesday don't need to travel to New Orleans because they can enjoy Mardi Gras right here in Bloomington. Local bars will host live bands, change their menus and hold special promotions for the celebration.

Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am

Live from the Beehive

Don't get us wrong, we play a lot of Indie rock. It's not that we've given up on classic rock, that we don't seriously crave Akon at a dance party, or that, if we could, we'd rank JT at number one last year, but at WIUX we have a mission statement that we love to adhere to. Underrepresented artists and local music take priority here.

Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am

Superman versus the studio system

Upon release, "Hollywoodland" and "The Black Dahlia" had the unfortunate circumstance of squaring off with one another with only a week's separation in theaters -- two major films about two of the biggest deaths in old Hollywood. While "Dahlia" certainly made the bigger buck at the box office, "Hollywoodland" proved to have a better payoff when it comes down to the story and performances.