The No. 1 and No. 2 doubles positions have been set in stone all year for the Hoosiers, that is until Sunday afternoon's match against Northern Illinois.

IU Coach Randy Bloemendaal decided to move the sophomore pairing of Daniel Bednarczyk and Samuel Monette from No. 2 to No. 1 doubles for the first time all year.

"I feel like they have played really well the last month," Bloemendaal said. "They're young and I'm trying to find the right opportunities for them."

The pair have known each other since the age of 11, when they competed against each other at tournaments in Canada. The pair have converted this early connection into great chemistry on the court.

The pairing which Bednarczyk and Monette replaced consists of junior Sven Lalic and senior Dimitrije Tasic. The duo are the only upperclassmen who have taken the court for the Hoosiers this season.

"It was nothing that Dima (Tasic) and Sven (Lalic) did wrong," Bloemendaal said. "I think they have had a really good run at the top. I don't think they were ready when I first put them up there, but I think they're ready to take off as a doubles team more than they already have."

Bloemendaal continued on to say that the main reason for the change was to add some competition at the top, hoping it could propel the two teams to be better than they already are.

Bloemendaal also emphasized that it would be a fluid rotation of who plays where based on what team they are playing.

"They're going to play good against different kinds of teams, they're completely different teams, and they're built differently," Bloemendaal said. "It makes it hard to match up against us if I move those guys around"