IU senior Derek Drouin is no stranger to track and field awards and he received two more this past week - only these came from the national level.

Athletics Canada, the governing body for Canadian track and field matters, named Drouin the winner of both the Cal D. Bricker Memorial Trophy for outstanding performance of the year and the F.N.A. Rowell Trophy for outstanding athlete of the year in field events. Drouin received the awards in light of his performance at the Summer Olympics in London in the high jump.

Drouin, an Ontario native, finished in a three-way tie for third place in the high jump. That bronze medal was Canada's only track and field medal of the Games and their first by a male track and field athlete since 1996. Additionally, it was Canada's first men's high jump medal since 1976.

Drouin also became IU's 14th track and field medalist and their 88th over all events.

"Derek continues to receive well-deserved awards and recognition, underscoring once again his incredible talent and ability to turn that talent into outstanding performances," IU Coach Ron Helmer said in a press release. "It is very exciting and somewhat comforting to know he will lead our team into competition one more time this winter and spring."

This award comes on the heels of Drouin's sixth Big Ten Field Athlete of the Week honors. His first-place finish in the pentathlon at the Hoosier Open is the highest scoring performance in the nation in the non-traditional men's event.

IU Track and Field will resume their season by hosting Purdue for a dual meet on January 12, 2013.