Senior Michael McGee was named the Big Ten's Golfer of the Week on Thursday Nov. 8. after placing 10th in the Warrior/Wave Intercollegiate this week.

"There are so many great players in our conference that have won this award before and even guys on our team that have won in the past and gone on to successful careers," McGee said. "It's a really cool thing for me and because I know this isn't something that's easy to achieve."

During the three round event in Princeville, Hawaii, McGee shot 3-under-par (213). He was the only Hoosier to record two below-par rounds: 1-under 71 in the opening round with a final round 5-under 67. The final round included six birdies and an eagle.

"Michael came back in a big way (after miss time for an illness)," IU Coach Mike Mayer said. "He deserves this honor and we are thrilled for everything he is doing for this program."

McGee was sidelined for nearly a month mid-way through the season with an illness.

"It means even a little more to me because it is only my second tournament back," he said. "The first tournament was more about getting my feet under me. This week I could go out and just play and felt tournament ready."

His total stroke count was his lowest of the season and his 67 on Wednesday match his career low round score.

McGee joins fellow senior Brant Peaper to earn the honor this season. IU is the only school to have multiple honorees.

"It tells us we have quality players," Mayer said.