Apparently the voters took notice of IU's 19-point rout at Minnesota yesterday afternoon.

That, along with a 75-56 victory against North Carolina Central last Wednesday, boosted IU to No. 18 in the Associated Press poll and to No. 20 in the USA Today/ESPN coaches poll. The Hoosiers jumped five spots in the AP poll and four spots in the coaches poll.

The latest rankings put IU in the same spot they were in both polls two weeks ago after a 13-point win against Illinois on Feb. 9. This also marked IU's 12 straight week appearing in both polls.

The convincing win at Minnesota gave IU a minimum of a .500 record in Big Ten play with two games to spare. The Hoosiers have also won four out of their last five Big Ten games and sit at the No. 5 spot in the conference standings.

The Hoosiers once again were ranked behind No. 5 Michigan State, No. 10/11 Ohio State, No. 13/16 Michigan and No. 14/15 Wisconsin.

Michigan State, who IU takes on at 7 p.m. tomorrow night at Assembly Hall, cracked the top five in both polls for the first time this season. The Spartans have already clinched a share of the Big Ten regular season title and are winners of their last eight games.

Michigan State represents IU's first game against ranked opponent at Assembly Hall since Jan. 5 when the Hoosiers knocked off No. 13 Michigan, 73-71.