Junior catcher Josh Phegley was named to the First Team Preseason All-American list by the National College Baseball Writers Association, the University announced today.

Below is Matt Brady's press release if you want to know more about the award and yet again have Phegley's ridiculous numbers from last season rattled off for you.

But hey, this means February is rolling around soon.

I think I know your guys' answers, but are y'all excited for the new season?

What are the aspects of the team that have you the most excited? Is it the touted battery? The touted new faces? Where the team finished last year? The idea of Sembower Field maybe hosting the Big Ten Tournament?

Press Release: PHEGLEY NAMED FIRST TEAM PRESEASON ALL-AMERICAN

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. \0xAD Junior catcher Josh Phegley has been named a First Team Preseason All-American by the National College Baseball Writers Association. Phegley, who was recently named to the Brooks Wallace Award Watch List, picked up his first preseason All-America accolades after earning national honors from four groups a season ago.

Phegley, who collected All-America honors from the National College Baseball Writers of America, the American Baseball Coaches Association and Collegiate Baseball Newspaper in 2008, finished off one of the best offensive seasons in IU history in 2008. The Terre Haute native posted a .438 average \0xAD the second-best clip in the nation \0xAD to go along with 15 home runs, 80 RBI and 20 doubles. He also finished second in the Big Ten with 69 runs, trailing only teammate and Cincinnati Reds draftee Andrew Means in that category.

Phegley \0xAD one of four unanimous selections to the Big Ten\0xB9s first team a season ago \0xAD is one of just two conference players to garner preseason All-America honors from the NCBWA. Junior pitcher Chris Fetter of Michigan was a second team honoree.

The Hoosiers will begin their 2009 campaign against West Virginia in the Big Ten/BIG EAST Challenge on Feb. 20 in St. Petersburg, Fla. IU will also play Georgetown and South Florida in the three-day event.