This was passed my way earlier today by our good friend Matt Brady from IU media relations. It's a press release -- which I will copy in its entirety at the end of this post -- anouncing the schedule of the Big Ten/Big East Challenge next spring, in which IU will face West Virginia, Georgetown and South Florida.

There's not a terrible amount of news in this other than that, but I thought y'all would enjoy taking a gander.

--------------------------

Release

Game Times, Locations Announced for Big Ten/BIG EAST Challenge

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Game times and locations have been finalized for Indiana's three games at the season-opening Big Ten/BIG EAST Challenge, API Management and Marketing announced today. The Hoosiers will take on West Virginia, Georgetown and South Florida at the inaugural event.

IU opens its 2008 season on Friday, Feb. 20, against West Virginia at 10 a.m. ET in St. Petersburg. Indiana and WVU will do battle in the first game in the history of the Challenge at Progress Energy Park, the first of two IU games in St. Pete on the weekend. Progress Energy Park is a 7,227-seat facility that served as the spring training home for the Tampa Bay Rays through 2008.

Indiana next takes on Georgetown on Saturday, Feb. 21, at 4 p.m. ET. That contest will be the final game of three to be played that day at Clearwater's Jack Russell Memorial Stadium. Minnesota will play West Virginia and Iowa will take on St. John's earlier in the day at the facility, which served as the home for the Clearwater Phillies and the spring training home of the Philadelphia Phillies until 2003.

In the final day of the Challenge, IU will do battle with South Florida on Sunday, Feb. 22, at 1 p.m. ET. The game is slated to be played on field #1 of the Raymond A. Naimoli Complex in St. Petersburg. The Complex has four fields and is the current spring training home of the Rays.

Ticket information and other pertinent event details will be released in the near future. For more information please call 410-472-3500 or send an email to scott@api-mgmt.com.