In our last post we talked Cape Cod, today we shift to the Great Lakes League which featured four Hoosiers over the summer.

Matt Carr was ridiculously good this summer for the Anderson (Ind.) Servants.

The righty had the lowest ERA of any IU pitcher last season and earned the same honor with the Servants. Matter of fact, Carr finished his summer touting the league's fourth best ERA at 1.95.

The Indy native went 3-1 with two complete games in 32.1 innings thrown. In seven total appearances, Carr allowed only seven earned runs and recorded 20 strikeouts.

Fellow Hoosier and Servant, Anthony Agnew turned around a dismal spring with IU with a solid summer in the Great Lakes League.

The lefty from Indy equaled his number of appearances from the spring with 11 with the summer club, including two starts. In logging 22 innings pitched, Agnew sported a very respectable 3.68 ERA.

With the Cincinnati Steam, RHP Joey O'Gara finished a perfect 5-0 on the summer with the league's ninth best ERA at 2.39.

O'Gara recorded 37.2 total innings and had the lowest opponent's batting average of the three pitchers in the league at .255.

This is another case of a young Hoosier pitcher growing over the summer. Last season O'Gara saw decent action as a redshirt freshman, but was dinged up, earning a 7.94 ERA with opponents hitting a Ted Williams-like .347.

Tyler Rogers had a rough go this summer with the Columbus All-Americans. The junior transfer from Ball State played in 29 games, starting 26. Rogers sported a .157 batting average over 83 at-bats and drove in seven.

Even if the summer was tough for Rogers, it's still positive to keep a hitter getting at-bats and seeing pitches.