Most important, the announcement of three new signings for this year's recruiting class.

One is known -- if you follow the Inside Pitch.

For info on Jake Dunning see here and here.

Wyatt Hoff from La Jolla, Calif. and Matt Igel from Vincennes are the two new Hoosiers joining Dunning.

The release reads,

Hoff led the Western League in strikeouts in 2008, setting down 84 batters to just six walks in 80 and 2/3 innings of work. The 6-foot-3 righty allowed 66 hits on the year, notching seven wins and two saves on the season. He tallied six complete games on the campaign, including a pair of shutouts, two one-hitters and a no-hitter. The La Jolla, Calif., native stepped up in the clutch, throwing his no-hitter in the California Interscholastic Federation playoffs, with only a hit batsman preventing a perfect game.

"Wyatt is a kid who is very young and talented," Smith said. "I came across him on a trip to California and I was stunned that he hadn't been signed. He has the stuff to be a good draft pick in the future."

Igel will join the Hoosiers after a stellar season for Rivet. In 67 1/3 innings, he went 7-3 with a 0.73 ERA and 136 strikeouts for the 1A school in 2008. The lefty garnered a multitude of honors following the season, as he was named All-Area Player of the Year, All-Blue Chip Conference and All-Southwestern Indiana. He was named his team's Pitcher of the Year in each of his final three seasons, and helped Rivet to sectional championships in both 2006 and 2008.

"Matt's a player that we got onto a little late," Smith said. "He really has come into his own over the last year and a half. I can't wait to see how he develops over his time with the Hoosiers."

Here's his chance,

Hoosier Baseball to Hold Prospect Camp/Walk-On Clinic

Aug. 24, 2008

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - Head coach Tracy Smith and the Indiana baseball program will hold a prospect camp/walk-on clinic on Saturday, Sept. 13, at Sembower Field. All IU Bloomington students can sign up for the walk-on clinic.

Prospects wishing to sign up for the clinic should click here to download the clinic application or go to www.RegisterMeFast.com/camps/IUProspect to register for a small fee using your credit card. The cost of the clinic is $140 and is limited to the first 68 applicants (17 players per team), so be sure to sign up soon. Pitching positions are already full for the Sept. 13 clinic, so pitchers must sign up for the December clinic instead. Prospect camps are open to high school players and feature quality instruction along with a pro-style workout and evaluation by the Indiana Baseball coaching staff.

Cancellations and/or requests to change clinic dates will be accepted up to two weeks prior to a clinic. Within two weeks of the clinic, you must present a physician's note in order to switch dates or cancel and receive a refund. All payments are subject to a $50 handling fee. Your camp fee, less a $75.00 non-refundable administrative deposit, will be refunded without question if you cancel at least two weeks prior to the clinic.

Registration for IU students attempting to walk on is $40. All applications must be completed by September 10, and full payment must accompany the application. Checks should be made payable to Tracy Smith Hoosier Baseball Camp and should be returned to the IU Baseball offices in Assembly Hall. Click here to download the student walk-on application.