Top five places to watch an IU road football game

Fight Song

As college football season gets underway, IU fans might be upset they have to wait until Sept. 8 to watch a game at Memorial Stadium.

With IU playing at Florida International University on Saturday, fans may still want to get together with friends and other fans to cheer on the Hoosiers. 

If you are looking for somewhere to go in Bloomington and watch the game, here at the best places to go. 

1. BuffaLouie's, 114 S. Indiana Ave.

Wings and football, does it get any better than that? BuffaLouie’s is a Bloomington classic, known for its wings. The walls are covered with IU banners and posters, plastered with TVs to watch the game. For those over 21, BuffaLouie’s has "cider day" on Saturdays, offering discounted hard cider. 

2. Kilroy’s on Kirkwood, 502 E. Kirkwood Ave.

If you are over 21, Kilroy's is the best place in Bloomington to watch an IU road game. Kilroy’s is the Bloomington bar. Whether inside the bar or out on the patio, a road game day at Kilroy's is one of the most fun places to be on a Saturday. Kilroy’s Saturday specials feature $5 Triple Well drinks, $5 Long Islands and $5 22-ounce drinks.

3. Nick’s English Hut, 423 E. Kirkwood Ave.

Another Bloomington institution, Nick’s is a perfect spot to watch an IU road game. Nick’s is on Kirkwood Avenue, and not at all far from campus, just a short walk from the Sample Gates. Enjoy the game with Nick’s famous "sink the biz," fries and stromboli. Drink specials include 24-ounce Coors Light.  

4. Dunn Meadow Watch Party

It may only be for the first game of the year, as the Hoosiers face Florida International, but the Student Athletic Board is hosting a watch party in Dunn Meadow outside the IMU. This will be a chance for students to watch IU kick off the season with hundreds of other Hoosiers. Though keep an eye on this event, as there is a chance of rain in the forecast, and the party will be outside.

5. Franklin Hall big screen

If you need to watch the IU road games on the biggest screen you can find, then Franklin Hall is the place to be. In the Franklin Hall Commons, a giant jumbotron hangs from the ceiling broadcasting the Hoosiers. Franklin Hall also features very comfortable sitting spaces, and is a bit quieter than the restaurants, if a fan wants to be in a calmer environment.