Letter from the editor: 2018 Parents Survival Guide

Parent Survival Guide 2018

The Orienter publication is the way we at IU Student Media welcome new students to campus.

However, we also want to take this opportunity to welcome you, the parents, to the IU community through our Parents Survival Guide.

Even though they will be away at college, your sons and daughters will be relying on you from a distance. Whether it means late-night phone calls or care packages from home, they will still be counting on you throughout their college careers. It will be a time of change for them, and we hope this guide can provide you with the resources you need to help both your children and yourself through the transition. 

My parents live in Plano, Texas, nearly 900 miles away from Bloomington. They can't visit during the school year, so we are only able to be together when I go home during holiday breaks. I miss them every day, but we are able to stay in contact as much as possible thanks to some of the resources found in this guide.

Whatever distance may separate you and your children, we promise to keep you both up-to-date about what's going on at IU at idsnews.com and on our social media pages on Facebook and Twitter (@idsnews).

Congratulations on the next step in you and your children's lives, and welcome to Bloomington!