politics

Monroe County primary election results

Polling Station 1

Liz Watson and Rep. Trey Hollingsworth, R-9th District, easily secured victories in their primary races for the 9th Congressional District; other Monroe County races were a bit closer, but most candidates ran unopposed.

Christine Talley Haseman and Chris Gaal, the incumbent prosecutor, ran a close race for the judge nomination in the Democratic primary. Haseman won with 6,323 votes, 27 more than Gaal.

Catherine Stafford and Darcie L. Fawcett were also nominated for the position of judge in the Democratic primary. No Republicans ran for judge in Monroe County.

Erika Oliphant beat Margie Rice and Matt Schulz for the position of Monroe County prosecutor.

The incumbent Monroe County Commissioner, Pat Stoffers, lost to Democrat Lee Jones, a current County Council member. Jones earned 72.4 percent of the vote. 

Larry D. Barker won the Republican primary to be nominated for Monroe County commissioner with 3,612 votes.

Nicole Browne ran unopposed and was renominated for county clerk with 10,820 votes. The Republican primary nominee for county clerk, Jacob Franklin, who ran unopposed, won his primary with 3,693 votes.

Eric Schmitz ran unopposed and was nominated for county recorder with 10,463 votes.

Brad Swain ran unopposed for county sheriff with 10,673 votes.

Judith A. Sharp also ran unopposed for Monroe County assessor with 10,769 votes. 

All information has been compiled by the Indiana Daily Student from https://indianavoters.in.gov/