crime & courts

Crime rundown: Indecent exposure, domestic abuse and stalking

Indecent exposure

A man was found naked from his waist down early Tuesday morning at the Motel 6 on North Walnut Street. Police responded to a call about a naked man at around 3 a.m.. When they arrived, they quickly found the man who was wandering around in only a T-shirt. 

The manager of Motel 6 gave police a blanket in which to wrap the man up. The manger also told police there might be something wrong mentally with the suspect. Bloomington Police called an ambulance and had the man taken to the hospital for evaluation.

He later admitted to taking 10 to 15 sleeping pills and two fifths of alcohol. Police found a fifth of vodka and a bottle of Banana Red alcohol at the motel. 

Strangulation and domestic battery

A 43-year-old Bloomington woman, Angela Woods, was arrested Tuesday after a neighbor witnessed her abusing her 11-year-old son by dragging him around by the back of his T-shirt and restricting his breathing, BPD Lt. Dana Cole said.

The juvenile had run over to the neighbor to say he was being abused and that Woods was drunk and taking her anger over an argument with her boyfriend out on the child.

When Woods arrived at the neighbor's place, she tried to drag the child by his shirt again. The neighbor tackled Woods and pinned her to the ground.

Police were called and, even though Woods denied getting physical with the juvenile, she was arrested and charged with strangulation and domestic battery.

Stalking

Local resident Bryan Maddin was arrested Monday for the second time in the month of May on charges of stalking, intimidation, burglary, invasion of privacy and criminal mischief. 

The first arrest was May 13, when Maddin kidnapped his ex-girlfriend and claimed they were still in a relationship. This second incident was similar, with Maddin telling BPD his girlfriend was cheating on him with another man.

This May 21 incident had Maddin breaking into a residence at 1600 W. Arlington Road where he began to yell and scream while threatening the residents. Police arrived and entered the residence when they put Maddin in handcuffs.

He was first taken to the hospital before being taken to the Monroe County Correctional Center.