crime & courts

Blotter: screwdriver threats at middle school, Döner Kebab truck vandalized

Middle schooler holds screwdriver to classmate’s neck

A 14-year-old Jackson Creek Middle School student was referred to juvenile probation after threatening a classmate by holding a screwdriver to his neck Tuesday.

The 13-year-old victim told police the girl pretended to hit him with a screwdriver before holding the tool to his neck and saying “If I were to push this in your throat, you would be squirting out blood.”

The threat reportedly happened near the end of the school day in a small room in the middle school. No teachers were present until one walked in at the end of the incident.

Police said the students have apparently known each other since third grade.

The girl told officers she did not intend to harm the boy. She faces charges of misdemeanor battery.

School administrators called the police after counselors notified them of the incident.

Döner Kebab truck vandalized

The owner of the Döner Kebab food truck told police a shirtless man punched the side of his truck multiple times Tuesday night and shattered the glass on its sliding window.

He reported the man became angry for no apparent reason and walked up to the truck, causing about $50 of damage. The man was not a customer.

Police said the man was described as about 40 years old with a tattoo on his arm and wearing blue jeans. 

The truck was parked at South Grant Street and East Kirkwood Avenue at the time of the incident. 

Officers have identified a suspect in this case, but no arrests have been made.