crime & courts

Search for Delphi killer expands

blotter filler

The search for the suspected killer of two Delphi, Indiana, teens has been extended into Tennessee, according to a Facebook post from the Bledsoe County Sheriff Department. The post has since been replaced with one clarifying the search for the killer is national, and he has not been spotted in Bledsoe County, Tennessee,or elsewhere in the state. 

Indiana State Police released a statement on the investigation Monday saying the coincidence of the Facebook post with an appearance by members of the victims' families on "Megyn Kelly TODAY" led to misinformation being shared.

ISP said in the statement law enforcement would not speak to specific leads or tips since the case is ongoing, but it has followed up on more than 26,000 tips since the case began when Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, went missing Feb. 13, 2017.

The pair had been hiking near their hometown of Delphi, and their bodies were found in nearby woods the next day. 

Grainy images of a man and an audio recording of a man saying “down the hill” were found on German’s phone. Police have since been searching for the man, suspected of killing the girls.

Anyone who might have information about the case can call the toll-free tip line at 844-459-5786 or email abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com.