* FINAL - Maryland beats IU 42-39. Richard Lagow played effectively after coming in for the injured Peyton Ramsey, but was unable to lead IU on a scoring drive late in the game. IU falls to 3-5 with the loss and is now 0-5 in Big Ten play.
* TOUCHDOWN (8:09 - 4th quarter) - Richard Lagow leads the IU offense down the field for a touchdown-scoring drive. The culminating play was a five-yard touchdown pass from Lagow to Simmie Cobbs Jr., Cobbs' second touchdown of the game. 42-39 Maryland leads after the extra point is blocked.
* TOUCHDOWN (10:14 - 4th quarter) - Maryland goes up two scores after a second-straight rushing touchdown by Jake Funk. 42-33 is the new Terrapin lead.
* INJURY (13:00 - 4th quarter) - Ramsey is hurt again for IU after scrambling for no gain. Hoosiers punt the football away after Lagow comes in for a 3rd and 15 play.
* TOUCHDOWN (14:56 - 4th quarter) - Maryland uses an 82-yard kick return to set up a short field, and a one-yard TD run gives the Terrapins the lead back. 35-33 Maryland leads.
* End of 3rd quarter - Hoosiers lead 33-28, but Maryland has a 3rd and goal from inside the IU five-yard line.
* FIELD GOAL (1:56 - 3rd quarter) - Senior kicker Griffin Oakes drills 41-yard field goal and the Hoosiers go up 33-28.
* INJURY (6:45 - 3rd quarter) - Ramsey is back in the game at quarterback.
* TOUCHDOWN (8:03 - 3rd quarter) - On the play following the injury, Whop Philyor runs in for the score on a jet sweep by Lagow. Play is credited as an 11-yard TD pass from Lagow to Philyor. Hoosiers retake the lead 30-28.
* INJURY (8:03 - 3rd quarter) - Peyton Ramsey is pressured in the backfield and suffers a hit to his lower right leg. Ramsey was down for an extended period of time before walking off the field under his own power. Senior Richard Lagow replaces him at quarterback.
* BLOCKED FIELD GOAL (11:42 - 3rd quarter) - Maryland has a 37-yard field goal attempt blocked on its first drive of the second half. Junior defensive lineman Jacob Robinson blocks the kick for IU. Terrapins still lead 28-23.
* HALFTIME - IU trails Maryland 28-23. Peyton Ramsey has three touchdown passes, but special teams and a porous defense has caused the Hoosiers to fall behind.
* TOUCHDOWN (0:37 - 2nd quarter) - Junior wide receiver D.J. Moore hauls in a couple impressive grabs, including a 2-yard touchdown, to put Maryland up 28-23. First time today that the Hoosiers have trailed.
* TOUCHDOWN (2:46 - 2nd quarter) - An unsportsmanlike penalty on Greg Gooch allows Maryland to move inside the IU red zone, where Taivon Jacobs records a 14-yard touchdown reception on a pass by Max Bortenschlager. Hoosiers lead 23-21.
* TOUCHDOWN (3:59 - 2nd quarter) - Ramsey finds Timian on a 23-yard touchdown pass over the middle. Timian had to fight to come down with the football as well. 23-14 Hoosiers lead late in the first half.
* TOUCHDOWN (7:51 - 2nd quarter) - Freshman punter Haydon Whitehead has a punt blocked by Darnell Savage Jr., who had the interception earlier, and retuned for a touchdown by Savage. Greg Gooch missed the block of Savage on the play. Hoosiers now lead 16-14.
End of 1st Quarter - IU leads 16-7 in a first quarter that saw the Hoosiers force an interception and a safety on defense.
* SAFETY (0:06 - 1st quarter) - Sophomore defensive lineman Allen Stallings wraps up junior running back Ty Johnson for a safety. Stallings got off his block really well to blow up the play. 16-7 Hoosiers lead.
* TOUCHDOWN (3:59 - 1st quarter) - Sophomore running back Lorenzo Harrison III takes it in for Maryland from 14 yards out. 14-7 Hoosiers lead.
* INTERCEPTION (6:14 - 1st quarter) - Junior defensive back Darnell Savage Jr. intercepts Ramsey on a pass intended for Luke Timian. Maryland returns the interception to the IU 14 yard-line.
* TOUCHDOWN (9:03 - 1st quarter) - Freshman running back Cole Gest scores on a 23-yard pass, although Gest did most of the work himself with a vicious stiff-arm of a Maryland defender. The extra point from senior kicker Griffin Oakes makes it 14-0 tot he Hoosiers.
* INTERCEPTION - Senior safety Tony Fields intercepts Maryland sophomore quarterback Max Bortenschlager on a deep pass attempt. It's IU's first forced turnover of the game.
* TOUCHDOWN (11:18 - 1st quarter) - On a play during which Maryland was flagged for offside, freshman quarterback Peyton Ramsey finds junior wide receiver Simmie Cobbs Jr. for a 34-yard touchdown pass. Throw from Ramsey to Cobbs gives IU a 7-0 lead on the Hoosiers' first drive of the game.
* Kickoff is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. from Maryland Stadium in College Park, Maryland.
* Welcome to the live updates page for IU football's game at Maryland. Both the Hoosiers and Terrapins enter today's game with 3-4 records, but IU is only one of two Big Ten schools still without a conference win (Illinois being the other).
Like what you're reading? Support independent, award-winning college journalism on this site. Donate here.
More in Sports
Junior pitcher Jonathan Stiever got more than enough run support en route to his second win of the season.
Crean spent nine seasons as IU head coach before being fired last March.
IU defeated UT-Martin in the first round of the NIT behind freshman guard Jaelynn Penn’s career-high 25 points.