Tuesday, March 19

Tuesday rundown: fake flyers, men's soccer, parking changes, stand-up comedy

consent.jpg

Good morning, Hoosiers. Here is your Tuesday rundown.

Fake flyers found on campus 

consent.jpg
Students reported seeing these fake sex and consent flyers across campus Sunday. IU said in a statement that the link at the bottom of the flyer was a phishing attempt. Courtesy Photo

Fliers replacing IU's Sex and Consent posters and making false statements about the definitions of sexual assault and consent were found in IU-Bloomington bathroom stalls Sunday. Photos began circulating on social media, and the University released a statement Monday saying the fliers were offensive and of no laughing matter. Read more here.

Men's soccer to take on No.1 Notre Dame tonight

IU celebrates after redshirt junior midfielder Cory Thomas scored his second goal of the night against Rutgers on Sept. 22 at Bill Armstrong Stadium. Thomas scored the first of IU's two goals Saturday night in an NCAA Tournament win against New Hampshire. 
IU celebrates after redshirt junior midfielder Cory Thomas scored his second goal of the night against Rutgers on Sept. 22 at Bill Armstrong Stadium. Thomas scored the first of IU's two goals Saturday night in an NCAA Tournament win against New Hampshire.  Bobby Goddin

It's a No. 1 versus No. 2 matchup at Bill Armstrong Stadium tonight as IU welcomes the top-ranked Notre Dame Fighting Irish for a blockbuster men's soccer matchup. The last time IU defeated a No. 1-ranked team was in 2014, when IU defeated Notre Dame in Bloomington. Read more here.

Changes to Memorial Stadium parking

Memorial Stadium parking changes

Student parking has been cut from Memorial Stadium. The white lot is now reserved for staff and employees, and an additional bus to the X route has been added. Read more here.

IU alumnus returns to Bloomington for comedy show

Comedian Dan Alten will perform at Uel Zing Sept. 28 at 8 p.m. Alten is an IU alum who is now based in Louisville, Kentucky. 
Comedian Dan Alten will perform at Uel Zing Sept. 28 at 8 p.m. Alten is an IU alum who is now based in Louisville, Kentucky.  Courtesy Photo

IU alumnus Dan Alten didn't pursue comedy until after he graduated from college. However, Alten returns to Bloomington to perform stand-up comedy at Uel Zing Coffee at 8 p.m. Thursday. Alten spoke with the Indiana Daily Student about his style of comedy, his DIY comedy label Laff Fest and how he came to co-hold the Guinness World Record for performing on the Longest Stand-up Comedy Show. Read more here.