Monday rundown: Pence comes to Indy, student left in cave, men's soccer wins, Diavolo comes to town

Pence_Anderson_Evan_DeStefano_05

Vice President Mike Pence speaks at the Wylam Center of Flagship East on Friday. Pence discussed tax reform, national security and healthcare. "Indiana knows the truth," said Pence."Tax cuts mean more jobs. Tax cuts mean high wages for our families. Tax cuts mean creating an economy where anything is possible, where anyone can achieve anything." Evan De Stefano Buy Photos

Vice president returns to Indiana

Gov. Eric Holcomb introduces Vice President Mike Pence at the Wylam Center of Flagship East on Friday.  Evan De Stefano Buy Photos

Vice President Mike Pence came to Anderson, Indiana, with two goals Friday afternoon: to talk health care and get Sen. Joe Donnelly, D-Indiana, on President Trump’s side to change the United States tax code. Read more here.

Freshman locked in cave

An IU freshman was rescued Tuesday night after spending nearly three days locked in Sullivan Cave in Southern Indiana after a trip with the Caving Club at IU. However, there is still no clear explanation about why Lukas Cavar was left behind. Read more here.

Men's soccer defeats Rutgers

Junior midfielder Austin Panchot dribbles the ball against Rutgers Friday evening at Bill Armstrong Stadium. Panchot scored one goal to help IU to a 5-0 victory over Rutgers. Bobby Goddin Buy Photos

The IU men’s soccer team was back in action at home for the first time in over a week against Rutgers. IU is currently ranked No. 2 in the nation after the win. Read more here.

Diavolo comes to IU

​The dance group DIAVOLO performs an acrobatic dance around giant set pieces. Courtesy Photo Buy Photos

Clark Gudas talked to rehearsal directors from the dance group coming to the IU Auditorium on Sept. 26. Diavolo placed in the top 10 at America’s Got Talent. Read more here.