Bloomington Police Department respond to rape, sexual assault Monday

policefiller1.jpg

Bloomington Police Department responded to two incidents of alleged sexual assault Monday. 

Police were sent to Eigenmann Hall after a woman called to report she had been sexually assaulted.

The woman, 19, told police she was assaulted by a man she knew at a party on the north side of town. She said the man grabbed her by the waist from behind. He then allegedly attempted to pull down her jean shorts. 

He allegedly announced he wanted to have sex with her and bit her neck. The girl told police she freed herself from the man’s grasp but fell down as she was trying to escape. The man then grabbed her by the hips again, she told police. 

A friend of the girl’s approached the pair and took her away. The case is under investigation. 

In the other incident, police responded to a report of rape on the north side of Bloomington.

The woman, 20, told police she went a male friend’s home Friday night between 10 p.m. and midnight. She said she drank some juice that did not contain alcohol. She said she began to feel dizzy. 

The next thing she said she remembers was waking up naked at about 6 a.m. in the male friend’s bed. She said she then began to cry as she got dressed. Her male friend was there and tried talking to her. 

She told police she couldn’t remember whether or not she had sex that night. She was taken to the hospital. Police have not yet interviewed the male. 

This case is currently under investigation. 

Emerson Wolff