RL Grime, Post Malone to headline 2017 IU Block Party

Arts Filler

New and returning students will again be welcomed back to campus with an outdoor concert, the lineup for which was announced Wednesday.

RL Grime, Post Malone, 2 Cents and Niko Flores will perform 9 p.m. Aug. 19 at the 13th and Fee streets parking lot as part of the 2017 IU Block Party.

Presale tickets for freshmen will be available at 10 a.m. Aug. 1 for $25. All other IU-Bloomington students can expect to pay $35 in advance starting Aug. 14 or $45 on Aug. 19.

This year’s Block Party, which coincides with IU’s Welcome Week, leans heavily on EDM and rap 
music.

RL Grime, an EDM artist who has produced remixes for Chief Keef, Jamie Lidell and Shlohmo, will headline. He’s released two singles this year — “Reims” and “Stay For It,” which features R&B star Miguel — and his second studio album, “Nova,” is forthcoming.

Los Angeles rapper and singer Post Malone, who will take the stage before RL Grime, gained moderate attention in 2015 when his debut single “White Iverson” attracted millions of listens on SoundCloud. Republic Records signed him shortly after and, in 2016, released his debut album “Stoney,” which has since been certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America.

That same year, Post Malone toured with Justin Beiber for his “Purpose” tour.

Post Malone released a remix of “Congratulations” in June featuring Future and Migos’ Quavo.

Preceding Post Malone is DJ duo 2 Cents, featuring DJ Craze and Four Color Zack, who will 
perform following opener Niko Flores, the official DJ for the Pacers. 2 Cents gained notoriety following a SoundCloud mix, which, like RL Grime’s breakthrough work, features a Chief Keef remix.

Past Block Parties have featured the EDM recluse Zhu, EDM superstar 
Krewella, flat-earth believer B.o.B. and the indie surf band Best Coast.

Tickets are available at the IU Auditorium Box Office or online at go.IU.edu/blockparty.