Grunwald Gallery announces new "Light/Matter" exhibit

Arts Filler

The Grunwald Gallery announced Thursday that it will play host to a new exhibit highlighting the intersection of photography and printmaking later this summer.

The exhibit, titled “Light/Matter,” will run Aug. 25 to Oct. 4 according to a press release from the Gallery, and will feature seventy pieces from forty-five artists hailing from North America, Europe and Asia.

Prior to the opening of the exhibit, a symposium in support of the event will take place Aug. 23 to Aug. 25, and will feature lectures, panel-format discussions and an open house. Four as-of-yet unannounced exhibiting artists will be invited to attend and give keynote lectures. Each is internationally recognized for their printmaking experience, according to the release.

The exhibition is curated by Associate Professor in the School of Art and Design Tracy Templeton, Professor Emeritus at the University of Alberta Walter Jule and Professor at the Royal Academy of Fine Art in Antwerp, Belgium Ingrid Ledent.

Templeton became tahe head of printmaking at IU in 2013, and her prints have been displayed in more than 100 exhibitions in 15 countries, according to the School of Art and Design’s website. Templeton holds a Masters in Fine Arts from the University of Alberta and a Bachelors of Fine Arts from the University of 
Regina.

The Grunwald Gallery is currently displaying its STATIONTOSTATION exhibit, which features work in media ranging from film to kinetic installation, painting, printmaking, design and sculpture. It will run until July 22, according to the Gallery’s website.