Hoosiers to play Cardinals in Big Ten/ACC Challenge

spiuwbb

The 2017-18 matchups for the Big Ten/ACC Challenge were announced by the league offices Tuesday and IU will take on Louisville at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall on November 30.

This should be a good early season test for the Hoosiers as the Cardinals finished No. 12 in the final regular season poll last year. Louisville advanced to the NCAA Sweet Sixteen after accumulating an overall record of 29-8, six more wins than the Hoosiers.

Cardinals head coach Jeff Walz will return his leading scorer from last season, Asia Durr, who averaged 19.2 points and 3.4 rebounds a game. IU will also return its leading scorer from a season ago, Tyra Buss.

The Hoosiers lead the all-time series, 7-3, and have history on their side as the home team has won every meeting between these two teams dating back to 1972. The last meeting was Dec. 4, 2005 when Louisville defeated IU by a final score of 72-67.

IU has a similar record in Big Ten/ACC Challenge games. The Hoosiers have a 6-4 all-time record in the challenge, including a 3-2 record when those games are played at home. The team’s last home win came in the 2015-16 season when the beat Georgia Tech.

The ACC won last year’s challenge, 9-5, as IU lost on the road at North Carolina State.

Tip-off times and TV listings will be announced at a later date. The remainder of the IU’s non-conference games will also be announced at a later date.