administration

IU Board of Trustees meets

Campus Filler

The IU Board of Trustees began its two-day April meeting, the second in 2017, Thursday at IU-East Richmond.

The agenda included the approval of six new degrees, including a bachelor’s in management and human organization at the Bloomington campus and a master’s in mental health counseling at three campuses.

In addition to the approved degrees, the presentations included a review of the Campus Climate Survey and 2015-16 Sexual Misconduct Report, which revealed that about 51 percent of the 237 reported acts fell into the category of sexual assault/contact. The second-highest crime reported was sexual harassment, followed by dating and domestic violence.

The trustees also discussed financial aid. The University gave $1.15 billion in some form of assistance during the 2015-16 academic year, according to a slide posted on the IU Twitter account. Additionally, 45 percent of students completing a bachelor’s degree during the same time period graduated with no student-loan debt.

Included in the agenda for the Friday continuation of the meeting are promotions of rank and tenure recommendations for IU professors at IU-Bloomington and seven other campuses. Additionally, the trustees are expected to hear about University finances and investments from IU’s Chief Financial Officer John Sejdinaj and treasurer Don Lukes.