IU Auditorium announces 2017-18 season

The Knights are an orchestral group comprising accomplished musicians and composers. The New York(City? -cj)-based ensemble will take the IU Auditorium stage in November.

The IU Auditorium released its 2017-18 season lineup featuring a variety of Broadway shows, contemporary and classical musical acts, dance and holiday events. Tickets for the 2017-18 season go on sale to the general public Aug. 15, 2017, but subscribers can choose from at least 5 events between now and July 21.

DIAVOLO

7:30 p.m. Sept. 26

DIAVOLO is a Los Angeles-based dance company. Its show, “Architecture in Motion,” focuses on the exploration of the human body and its architectural environment through dance.

John Cleese

3 p.m. Oct. 1

Legendary comedian John Cleese’s comedy show includes an evening of conversation, audience question-and-answer, and a screening of “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” before Cleese 
performs.

“Kinky Boots”

8 p.m. Oct. 24 and 25

“Kinky Boots” is a Broadway hit inspired by true events. The musical follows Charlie Price, who inherits a shoe factory from his father and forms an unlikely partnership with cabaret performer and drag queen Lola to produce a line of high-heeled boots and save the business.

Dennis James Hosts 
Halloween

7:30 p.m. Oct. 28

Musician Dennis James returns to Bloomington for his 49th annual spooky spectacular in town. The family-friendly event features a pre-show costume contest and a screening of the classic silent film “The Monster.”

“Motown: The Musical”

8 p.m. Oct. 31, Nov. 1-2

“Motown: The Musical” tells the American dream story of Motown founder 
Barry Gordy. The Broadway show features more than 40 classic hits such as “My Girl.”

The Knights

8 p.m. Nov. 15

The Knights are a New-York based orchestral ensemble made up of accomplished musicians and composers. Their Bloomington show will include a premier of a new work co-commissioned by the IU Auditorium.

Chimes of Christmas

2 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. Dec. 2

The Grammy-nominated Singing Hoosiers will be host to this Christmas-themed concert alongside Indiana University Jacobs School of Music and community 
ensembles.

Straight No Chaser

8 p.m. Dec. 15

Professional a cappella ensemble Straight No Chaser return to IU for a holiday show. The group will premier an all-new live show packed with holiday favorites and dynamic pop arrangements.