Student at Briscoe arrested for battery, disorderly conduct and more

Campus Filler

A student was arrested Saturday at Briscoe Quad after breaking into the building and resisting when IU Police Department officers arrived. Witnesses at Briscoe allege the student, Maxwell Millman, was acting odd.

“He entered Briscoe through an unlocked door and then kicked the bottom pane of a second door, breaking it,” said Tracy James, a public information officer for IUPD. “When some people got off of the elevator, they saw him standing outside, behind the broken door. He then climbed through the bottom pane and headed toward the elevator at the same time the two officers arrived.”

Millman was trying to grab a woman when IUPD officers arrived, IUPD Lt. Craig Munroe said.

The woman sustained no injuries. However, the two officers who arrived at the scene were injured in the process of arresting Millman.

“One officer was struck on the face,” James said. “The other was bit on the leg and sustained some cuts on an arm and fingers.”

The officers and Millman were taken to the hospital. The two IUPD personnel were soon released. Millman appeared to have no injuries and was then released from the hospital and taken to jail, James said.

Millman was arrested for resisting law enforcement, criminal mischief, disorderly conduct, public intoxication, possession of paraphernalia and battery, according to the Monroe County Correctional Center media arrest summary.