COLUMN: Trump's tweets show irresponsibility

Sure, Saturday Night Live writers are probably having a field day as President Trump waits for the "Easy D,” but we have to ask ourselves if we really want a president who tweets at 7:30 in the morning about Arnold Schwarzenegger’s abysmal performance on Celebrity Apprentice.

If our national leader doesn’t know how to correctly use quotations — see “evil” Feb. 3 — at this point he should have to hire a personal proofreader for his social media.

As a man who has no decorum, he clearly isn't below ruthlessly attacking and whining about anyone and anything that doesn’t agree with him. “My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom. She is a great person – always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!”  

Looks like the new White House slogan is “Trump Family Affairs First, America Second.” You know what that is? Sad!

Many of us remember those annoying helicopter mothers that served on the Parent Teacher Association just so that they could get their child into that class or the parents that donated thousands of dollars to a university in order to streamline their kid’s acceptance letter.

Trump’s tweet about Ivanka’s blunder with Nordstrom is just that. Many say he’s crossed an ethical line and is completely abusing his power. Luckily, his attack did nothing in terms of dampening the retailer’s credibility. 

Mary Embry, a retail-merchandising professor here at IU, spoke with the Washington Post on the matter. “Politics certainly do matter in fashion, but the strength of the Nordstrom stock validates the strength of the decision-making of that retailer.”  

Additionally, most Nordstrom customers are not graying white men ready to jump on the Trump — instead, many are the women in the pink knitted caps that detest the man and all of his testosterone-induced impotency. Embry added, “The president is not seen as having any particular expertise on fashion.” 

Speaking of fashion, I can’t be the only person who was scarred by seeing the man sport a terrycloth robe in what looks to be the honeymoon suite of a bed-bug infested Motel 8. The world would be a better place without that image circulating the digisphere. 

What is possibly worse and far more serious than the aforementioned trolls is Trump’s most recent victim: the “so-called” federal judiciary. 

“Just cannot believe a judge would put our country in such peril. If something happens blame him and court system,” Trump posted Feb. 5. 

The entire debacle escalated on Thursday morning when Trump attacked Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Connecticut, because he disagreed with Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, Neil Gorsuch, who labeled the President’s criticisms as “disheartening” and “demoralizing.” 

So much for being all buddy-buddy with Gorsuch.

Regardless of what we think about Trump's attack on Blumenthal's misleading role in Vietnam, it completely skirts around the subject matter: Trump’s violent lashing out on social media is a direct hit to our constitution and the separation of powers.

Trump fails to realize that you cannot simply hit “delete” on a widely lauded pillar of our democracy.