COLUMN: Tomi Lahren needs to quit being awful

Tomi Lahren is someone who spends all of her time looking for ways to make fun of a vast majority of people.

I’m talking about you, special snowflake.

That’s a term that news reporter for The Blaze— I say that loosely — Tomi Lahren uses to describe Democrats and liberals. Every time something terrible happens, she claims the liberals are being special snowflakes and are offended by the simplest things.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but it’s just annoying to see someone consistently pick on a whole political party who is protesting out of pain and fear.

If anything, Lahren is getting offended by the actions and protests of the liberals more often than liberals getting offended by some asinine statement made by President-elect Donald Trump or any of his cabinet members.

She spends so much time trying to backpedal and claim she’s not racist by showing she’s friends with black people.

I wish I could support Lahren. Her accomplishments are incredible, and I admire how she has risen to become a popular news media host at such a young age while being a woman.

Recently, Twitter users have been digging into Lahren’s past tweets to see if she truly is the hypocrite she seems to be.

Lahren has spoke negatively of Beyonce and the praise she received from First Lady Michelle Obama. Users dug up a tweet from Lahren about going out to clubs and how she was going to “#popthatp.” Of course, this was a shock and source of critique from liberals all over Twitter.

More tweets have proclaimed her disapproval for the president-elect who she now praises on the social media site. Of course everyone has said things on social media that they aren’t proud of.

Digging up old, potentially problematic tweets is a popular and beloved past time on Twitter. We’ve seen it done multiple times with Trump, and it has showcased how quick he is to change his mind.

Some people may see this as cruel and an invasion of privacy, but it’s put on the internet, where nothing is private.

Lahren spends so much time being offended by people who are offended or, dare I say it, triggered that she has no time to report on things that could make the Republican Party look more pleasant or likeable to liberals. I think both parties could take some time to try and understand the positives that come from each other.

Lahren could use her platform and following to expose people to both sides of our bipartisan government. Not only would this help our political culture, it would make Lahren a better news anchor as well.