Man arrested for alleged death threat

Police arrested a Bloomington man early Wednesday morning after he allegedly gave an acquaintance a threatening ultimatum: Leave town or die.

Christopher M. Head, 27, is charged with intimidation, a felony. Police responded at 12:12 a.m. to the 1200 block of North Grant Street after a resident complained of the threat, Bloomington Police Department Lt. John Kovach said.

The resident told police Head came to the house and banged on a window. The resident opened the door, at which point Head told him, “If you don’t leave Bloomington in a year, I’ll kill you.” He told the resident he had a gun, then left.

Two other people at the residence corroborated the story, Kovach said. One gave them the general area of Head’s address, on the 9900 block of East State Road 46. The caller told them he wanted to pursue intimidation charges.

Police went to Head’s home and found his car, matching witness descriptions, in front of it. Head was at home, came to the door and told officers he had no idea why they were there. He said he hadn’t been to the Grant Street house and he’d been sleeping the whole time.

He told the officers he didn’t want to talk to them. They arrested him at 1:10 a.m. on the intimidation charge and took him to the Monroe County Correctional Center.

Head has twice before been charged with felonies for intimidation; however, in both cases, the charges were dismissed.

Jack Evans