Fifth-year lineman won't return to IU

Sports Filler

Fifth-year senior offensive tackle Dimitric Camiel won’t seek a sixth year of eligibility, Camiel said on Instagram on Monday night.

“I have had the opportunity to meet, learn, be coached, and most importantly play with some of the most interesting people in the world,” Camiel said in his Instagram post. “With that being said I will be pursuing my life-long dream of playing in the NFL.”

Camiel played the first two games of the 2016 season before suffering bulging discs in his back, which caused the coaches to sideline him for the rest of the season.

Camiel started on the IU offensive line for three seasons. He blocked for and former Hoosier running backs Tevin Coleman and Jordan Howard and for Devine Redding, who ran for back-to-back thousand-yard seasons.

The 6-foot-7 tackle came to IU as an offensive guard out of Westfield High School in Houston, Texas, as part of the class of 2012 with former Hoosiers Nate Sudfeld, Nick Mangieri, Ricky Jones, Jason Spriggs and Coleman.

His recruiting class also featured several offensive linemen whose careers ended after the 2016 season — Dan Feeney, Wes Rogers and Jacob Bailey.