news   |  academics & research

Kelley School of Business ranks second among public institutions in new list

cakelley01web

Students pile into the tent outside Hodge Hall for the Kelley Carnival on Sept 30, 2015. The students go from booth to booth to learn about all the programs and organizations Kelley has within the school. Kelley was ranked second among public institutions and seventh overall in the nation by Poets & Quants. Rachel Meert Buy Photos

The Kelley School of Business was ranked second among public institutions and seventh overall in the nation by Poets & Quants, an online publication for business education news, according to a Dec. 5 press release from 
IU-Bloomington.

In its new ranking of undergraduate degree programs, Poets & Quants used a comprehensive review of statistics equally weighted in three categories: admissions standards, responses to a survey of 2014 graduates and employment data.

The business school ranked first among public institutions in the alumni survey and fourth among public institutions in terms of employment success, according to the release.

“Our students know they have to work hard, but they understand the rewards of that when they set out on their internships or careers and are able to make an impact right away,” Idalene Kesner, dean of the Kelley School, said in the release.

The profile of the business school on Poets & Quants said alumni from 2014 were more satisfied than almost every other business school ranked by Poets & Quants, according to the release. Alumni gave A grades to 11 out of 12 questions in the survey.

“We want to give the best possible experience to our students while providing a rigorous, relevant and personalized education, and these rankings reflect that,” Kesner said in the release.

More in Academics & Research