Six more Hoosiers earn Big Ten football honors

Senior lineman Dan Feeney greets his teammates as he joins warmups on Saturday before IU's game against Northwestern at Ryan Field.

After six Hoosiers were honored by the Big Ten on defense Tuesday, IU saw six more honored on the offensive side of the ball Wednesday.

Senior right guard Dan Feeney earned First Team All-Big Ten for offensive linemen after being named an All-American at the position in 2015. Feeney has allowed one sack in four seasons at the guard position — also one at right tackle this season.

Junior running back Devine Redding, junior quarterback Richard Lagow, sophomore receiver Nick Westbrook, senior receiver Ricky Jones and senior returner Mitchell Paige earned Big Ten honorable mentions.

Redding earned an honorable mention after a season when he ran for 1,050 yards and six touchdowns. Redding is just the fourth Hoosier running back to run for 1,000 yards in back-to-back seasons.

Junior quarterback Richard Lagow received an honorable mention in his first season at IU and in Division I play. Lagow finished the regular season second in the Big Ten — 19th nationally — with 3,174 passing yards. The junior also finished fifth in the conference in touchdowns thrown, with 18, but threw the second-most interceptions, with 16.

Sophomore receiver Nick Westbrook also earned an honorable Mention as IU’s leading receiver with 915 receiving yards and five touchdowns. Westbrook was one of two Hoosiers in the top 10 in the Big Ten in receiving yards, as he finished the regular season third with 76.3.

Senior receiver Ricky Jones — the other IU receiver in the Big Ten top-10 for receiving yards — earned Honorable Mention for his final season as a Hoosier. Jones had 783 yards and three touchdowns. His best game was against Wake Forest, when the senior caught eight passes for 208 yards.

Senior Mitchell Paige rounded out the awards for the Hoosiers with a repeat of last season’s recognition — honorable mention All-Big Ten return specialist. The receiver had 7.3 yards per return and no touchdowns.

The Hoosiers recorded a total of 17 players awarded for the All-Big Ten Team — including the freshmen named to the All-Freshmen Team and senior Jacob Bailey’s sportsmanship award.

Taylor Lehman