politics

Bipartisan statement on integrity of electoral process released

Region filler image

The Monroe County Democratic and Republican Parties released a joint press release on the integrity of the electoral process.

The statement is in response to the Democratic and Republican Parties of Wayne County, Indiana, issuing a statement affirming the integrity of the same process.

“We wish to echo that sentiment and assure voters that our system of elections is secure,” said Mark Fraley, chairman of the Monroe County Democratic Party, in the release.

There is no basis to suggest anything otherwise, according to the release.

Regardless, both parties wanted to show their bipartisan election board works diligently with poll workers recruited by both parties and early and absentee vote workers appointed by representatives of both parties.

The boards execute their tasks in consultation with the bipartisan representatives of the state Election Division, according to the press release.

“Our unwavering devotion to a fair, open and unhampered electoral process is a profound source of national pride,” Fraley said in the release.

“It is why we, as a nation, have had 216 years of peaceful transitions of power.”

Although the two parties disagree on a great number of different policy matters, including the best ways to make elections free, fair and accessible to all, the commitment to the voting process is unimpeachable, according to the press release.

“Every vote counts,” Fraley said in the press release.