sports men's basketball women's basketball

ESPN Analyst to host Hoosier Hysteria

IU athletics announced Wednesday ESPN College Basketball analyst and former college basketball head coach Seth Greenberg will be the host of Hoosier Hysteria on Saturday Oct. 22.

“I can’t express how excited I am to be a small part of Hoosier Hysteria,” Greenberg said in a release. “When I think of Indiana Basketball, I think of great tradition, passionate fans and the commitment to doing things the right way. Tom Crean is one the elite coaches and innovators in college basketball.”

Prior to becoming an analyst at ESPN, Greenberg was the head coach at Virginia Tech. In his 22 years as a head coach at Long Beach State, South Florida and Virginia Tech, he posted a record of 383-293.

Greenberg joined ESPN in 2012 and appears on many platforms, including SportsCenter, ESPN Radio and ESPNU. He was added to College Gameday before the start of the 2014-2015 season.

Doors will open at 5 p.m. and the program will begin at 6:30 p.m. The event is the tip-off of the basketball season for both the men’s and the women’s basketball programs.

“No one does a better job developing players and evaluating players better than Tom,” Greenberg said in a release. “His passion for the game and his players is second to none. He is committed to helping them reach their potential in everything they do. It should be a great night, as both teams are coming off strong showings in last year’s NCAA Tournament with two Big Ten Coaches of the Year in Coach Crean and Coach Teri Moren.”