Breaking   Former IU chancellor Ken Gros Louis dies | 15 hours ago

arts   |  iu auditorium

David Sedaris writer to present at IU Auditorium, preview upcoming work

0000-Da-1172315951

On Thursday night, Comedian David Sedaris will perform various never-before-seen pieces at 8 p.m. at the IU Auditorium. Courtesy Photo / Anne Fishbein Buy Photos

On Thursday night, Comedian David Sedaris will perform various never-before-seen pieces at 8 p.m. at the IU Auditorium.

Sedaris is on tour previewing his new book, “Theft by Finding,” which is scheduled for publication next summer. According to a press release, his books have sold more than 10 million copies and have been translated into 29 
languages.

Sedaris grew up in South Carolina and attended various universities around the country before graduating from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. The release described his writing as “self-deprecating” and “sardonic.” He has written both books and pieces for publications, such as The New Yorker.

“It’s always a pleasure to host David Sedaris, and we could not be more pleased to welcome him back for the 2016-2017 season,” IU Auditorium Director Doug Booher said in the release.

Booher said Sedaris’ writing is most funny when performed live, and this advance exhibition of unreleased work will make for an unforgettable event.

Sedaris is scheduled to sign books for fans in the auditorium lobby after the show concludes, and copies of his other books will be available for purchase.

More in Iu auditorium