arts performances

Coasts collide at electronic music performance at the Bluebird

Alex Frankel

The coasts of the United States will come to Bloomington as New York artist Alex Frankel and California duo Classixx perform with Neon Indian, an Austin, Texas-based band, at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Bluebird.

Frankel will open for the bands, all of which have an electronic sound, as part of his solo tour after the release of his four track EP “Negative Space” in September.

“It’s very new, the music, so I hope people will come out and hear it probably for the first time,” Frankel said. “It’s kind of an introduction to the project.”

Frankel said he wants to continue to play with his current band Holy Ghost! and is scheduled to play with them many times on his tour despite the fact that he will travel alone.

Both bands produce similar music. They all use electronic elements, but Classixx member Michael David said their music is inspired by their home in Los Angeles.

Neon Indian was named one of Rolling Stones best bands of 2010 and will continue to play numbers from their previous albums “Psychic Chasms,” “Era Extraña,” “Errata Anex” and their newest album, “Vega Intl. Night School,” released 
last year.

“I really think this is a product of the Los Angeles experience,” David said on the Bluebird’s website. “When we’re working on a song and I look out the window, it just sounds like the soundtrack of this city, 
this beach.”