weekend

"Wicked" co-stars release albums on same day

“Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.”

These lyrics are sung toward the end of “Wicked,” the musical masterpiece that tells the story of the two witches of Oz, pre-Dorothy.

Kristin Chenoweth played the role of Galinda the good witch, known for her peppy personality and love of the color pink. This role was complemented by the green-skinned social outcast Elphaba, played by Idina Menzel.

The two power belters came together to make history. The original production of “Wicked” won three Tony Awards and seven Drama Desk Awards, in addition to a Grammy for the original cast album. The success has spread internationally, leading to productions all over the world, from London to Melbourne to Seoul.

Now, 13 years past the creation of this magical duo, the two witches from Oz are finding themselves back in the same realm once again.

On Friday, both Chenoweth and Menzel released new albums, which were also announced on the same day in August.

Chenoweth’s album features covers of American Songbook classics, while Menzel’s shows off a more personal side.

In May, the two came together to sing the iconic “For Good” for the musical’s “Out of Oz” series, bringing tears of joy to fans who had long awaited a reunion.

Will the albums together give fans a hint to more information on the “Wicked” movie coming out in 2019?

Only the wizard knows that information.