opinion letters

Letter to the editor #1

I plan to do something radical this November. I will be writing in Dr. Jill Stein for my vote for president. During the primary season, I supported Bernie Sanders because he gave a voice to much of what I saw as the right path for our country. After the Democratic National Convention in July, I realized I was no longer part of the Party or of the two-party system. It is time to vote for the best of the remaining candidates, not the lesser of two evils. I, and many others, have been hobbled by the argument that says voting for the lesser of two evils is the only choice one can logically make, that voting for a true alternative will only place the worst in office.

The only way the majority of voters in the U.S. can make good decisions is for ALL of the candidates to be heard in the debates. Stein, of the Green Party, must be included in the debates this fall. Go to jill2016.com/platform to read what the Green Party and Stein are planning for the future. Sign the petition to the Commission on Presidential Debates asking that all viable Presidential candidates be included.

Indiana is not a battleground state, so we in Indiana can vote our consciences and let the Republicans and Democrats know that times are changing and that “we the people” want a better future than the one percent can offer.

Marianna Brough, Bloomington