Tuesday, March 19

What happened at the Indiana primary

Sanders' Indiana win "vitalizes the movement"

With over 93 percent reporting, Sen. Bernie Sanders is winning the Indiana Democratic primary election.

Sanders currently has over half of the vote and 43 delegates while Hillary Clinton trails by almost six percent, with 37 delegates.

Students for Bernie Sanders at IU President Caleb Bauer was sitting at home writing a final paper when the results came in. Bauer said the margin exceeded his expectations.

But he expected the win. 

Read more.

IU Republicans students react to Cruz's campaign suspension

When Ted Cruz dropped out of the presidential race, members of the Monroe County GOP didn’t bother to turn up the volume on Buffalo Wild Wings’ televisions to hear him. 

The Bloomington Republicans didn’t display any major reaction to the news of Donald Trump’s victory, nor to the news of the party’s other major candidate dropping out. They kept to themselves or focused on results of local races, seeming unsurprised by the night’s national developments. 

“It’s kind of fragmented in here,” said Steven Aranyi, a member of the IU College Republicans. 

Trump’s win was solidified early Tuesday evening, when he secured 52.8 percent of the primary vote. Cruz received 36.9 percent and John Kasich received 7.7 percent. 

Read more.

Indiana primary a big deal for local elections, too

The Indiana primary was vital in shaping the presidential campaign. It meant a lot at the state and local levels, too. We have the breakdown of the results. 

Read more.

Our live coverage of the Indiana primary

Look through a Storify of all of our live coverage of the Indiana Primary. Read more.