Touring musicians to come to Bloomington this summer

Summer break is rapidly approaching, and for those who can afford to scrounge up a wad of cash in the name of music, a number of artists will tour through Bloomington venues in the coming months.

Here are seven shows slated between finals week and the first day of fall classes, Aug. 22.

Del the Funky Homosapien

$15

9 p.m. May 3, Bluebird

Del the Funky Homosapien is a hip-hop MC from California. He’s Ice Cube’s cousin. According to his website, Del and his crew, the Hieroglyphics, first emerged as a response to the gangster rap of the West Coast in the 1990s.

Screaming Females

$13

9:30 p.m. May 25, the Bishop

Screaming Females is a punk, indie rock trio from New Jersey. According to the band’s website, Screaming Females’ latest album, “Rose Mountain,” is its most eclectic LP yet.

The Milk Carton Kids

Reserved seating starting at $20

8 p.m. May 26, Buskirk-Chumley Theater

The Milk Carton Kids are a folk duo from California. After receiving a Best Folk Album Grammy nomination for 2013’s “Ash & Clay,” the two released their third album, “Monterey,” in May 2015.

The Tallest Man On Earth

$25

8 p.m. June 1, Buskirk-Chumley Theater

The Tallest Man On Earth is Swedish folk singer-songwriter Kristian Matsson. He released his fourth LP “The Dark Bird Is Home” in May 2015 via the Bloomington-based label Dead Oceans.

M. Ward

$22

8 p.m. June 13, the Bluebird

M. Ward is the stage name of Matthew Ward, a singer-songwriter from Oregon. In addition to his latest solo album, “More Rain,” M. Ward also makes up half of the indie pop duo She and Him — “New Girl” actress and musician Zooey Deschanel is the She.

Fitz and the Tantrums

$38.50

8:30 p.m. June 28, the Bluebird

Fitz and the Tantrums is an alternative pop group from California. The band’s 2013 LP “More Than Just a Dream,” featuring the song “Out of My League,” received critical acclaim from the likes of Rolling Stone and the New York Times. The band is preparing to release a self-titled LP later this year.

Plan-It-X Fest

$50 (includes camping charge)

July 22-24, Stable Studios (Spencer, Indiana)

Plan-It-X Fest is a three-day music and arts festival that will feature both local and touring bands.

Some of the locals include Amy O, Erin Tobey, Dasher, Laffing Gas, Full Sun, Nice Try and more.