weekend

Top films and shows for Mother's Day

ENTER MOTHERSDAY-MOVIE-REVIEW 2 MCT

Once again it's that time of year when we give thanks and show appreciation to the women who raised us. So whether you're a late planner looking for something to do with your mom tonight or far away from her and just need some mom feels, we have you covered. These are our top five Mother's Day movies and shows for Mother's Day.

'Gilmore Girls'

TBH, is there a more relateable mother/daughter drama out there than the tale of Lorelai and Rory Gilmore? Not a chance. With all seven seasons on Netflix, it's the perfect series to make like a Gilmore and binge watch with a bucket of popcorn and a pint of ice cream. 

'The Kids are All Right'

Kick back with the hilarious and endearing story of the two teenagers getting to know their donor dad while their lesbian mothers scramble to do what mothers do best: keep the family in tact. 

'Grace and Frankie'

This Netflix Original is ready to take all your preconceptions of empty nest motherhood and toast them goodbye with a glass of peyote. If you haven't started the series yet, now is the perfect time to catch up and dedicate the rest of your week to season 2, which was released May 6. Wine is not required but strongly encouraged.

'Mamma Mia!'

Meryl Streep. Do we really need to say more? OK, fine: Abba.

'Mother's Day'

For those looking for something new. "Mother's Day" is the new "Valantine's Day"-esque hit with all all-star cast. Jennifer Aniston, Julia Roberts and Kate Hudson join forces for this estrogen-fueled celebration of motherhood.