Board of Trustees to meet at IU-Bloomington

The IU Board of Trustees will meet Thursday and Friday in Alumni Hall in the Indiana Memorial Union.

On Thursday, the Facilities and Auxiliaries Committee and the University Relations Committee will meet.

On the agenda for the Facilities and Auxiliaries Committee is a project approval for a Marching Hundred Hall and design approvals for a gateway at Third Street and Indiana Avenue, an addition to the Kelley School of Business Career Services and the renovation for Sigma Nu fraternity.

If the proposal is approved, the Marching Hundred Hall will be a 30,000-square foot facility located on the southeast corner of Woodlawn and 17th streets for the use of the Marching Hundred Band.

It will include a 6,000-square foot rehearsal space, two additional 2,600-square foot rehearsal rooms, instrument storage and repair, in addition to a music library and uniform storage.

The Marching Hundred Hall project is estimated to cost $10 million and will be funded by gifts through the IU Foundation.

Also on the agenda for the Facilities and Auxiliaries Committee are two consent items, including a Vectren gas easement. If approved, the board will grant two easements to Vectren Energy Delivery of Indiana Inc. to install and maintain a natural gas line along a portion of North Milo B. Sampson Lane in Bloomington.

After the Facilities and Auxiliaries Committee meets, the University Relations Committee will meet. During this committee meeting, Provost Lauren Robel will give a campus report.

Anne Tinder, president of the IU Student Association, and Ben Verdi, president of the Graduate and Professional Government, will then give a student 
report.

Also on the committee’s agenda is a presentation on the Media Digitization and Preservation Initiative, a project to preserve cultural and historical media for research, education and enrichment.

The meetings will continue Friday.

Beginning at 8 a.m. in Alumni Hall, the Finance, Audit and Strategic Planning Committee and the Academic Affairs and University Policies Committee will both meet.

The agenda for the Finance, Audit and Strategic Planning Committee includes an annual financial report, a residential housing business model review, an insurance update and an action item involving retirement accounts for temporary employees.

The action item would approve an amendment to the IU retirement plan. The amendment would give “elective deferrals” to all “eligible employees” rather than excluding employees working less than a 50 percent full-time equivalent as the current retirement plan does.

Eligible employees would include “any common law employee of the University,” except for students performing services, non-resident aliens or purely independent contractors, according to the agenda.

The Academic Affairs and University Policies Committee will then meet. A presentation will be given on new directions in academic advising followed by a career planning presentation and a Grand Challenges initiative 
update.

The final meeting of the day is the business 
meeting.

At this meeting, the trustees will vote on all 
action items.

Remarks will also be made by Board Chairman Randall Tobias; IU President Michael McRobbie; and Cassidy Sugimoto, Marianne Wokeck and Charles Gallmeier, faculty co-chairs of the University Faculty Council.

To view the full agenda, visit trustees.iu.edu.

More