IU Athletics offers rewards through new points system

From IDS reports

More than 3,000 IU students have signed up for the new Crimson Guard Student Rewards Program, the University announced Thursday.

The new program, that replaces the old Crimson Club, offers points to students who attend IU sporting events. The points will make students eligible for prizes and experiences, as well as factor into student seating and game selections for the 2016-17 men’s basketball season.

“Making the Crimson Guard student section and rewards program all-in-one is a great way to reward students for attending IU sporting events,” Student Athletic Board President Samantha Feather said. “They can watch their points add up on their mobile devices which makes it more fun 
for students.”

Feather said it creates a better home game atmosphere for fans and will reward those who consistently attend games.

The Crimson Guard’s reward program is available through FanMaker.

Students can sign up for the Crimson Guard Student Reward app on iPhone or Android by visiting iucrimsonguard.com. They are all eligible to join by visiting the website and creating an account using an IU email 
address.

Students will also be made aware of specials and sales at concessions stands and the Varsity Shop.

Beacons located at the entrances of venues will track when fans arrive and how long they stay for more points.