HALFTIME: IU 10, Ohio State 6

IU leads the No. 1 Ohio State Buckeyes 10-6 at halftime. IU has been outgained 214 yards to 169 yards, but has stopped Ohio State on many scoring opportunities.

With a nearly full crowd in attendance, the IU defense shut down the Ohio State offense on three plays to open the game. The Hoosiers were unable to take advantage of the start as they went three and out as well.

After forcing yet another three and out, IU took the ball down to the Ohio State red zone and settled for a 34-yard field goal. Main play on the drive was a 38-yard pass across the middle from Sudfeld to senior tight end Anthony Corsaro.

Continuing on its momentum, Sudfeld and the offense drove down field and scored on a short touchdown run by sophomore running back Devine Redding. Ohio State then drove to the IU 5-yard line, but IU stopped them on third and short to hold the Buckeyes to a field goal. IU led 10-3.

Junior running back — and the nation’s leading rusher — Jordan Howard went into the locker room in the second quarter with an unclear leg injury. He soon returned on the next drive.

After a dropped pass by sophomore receiver Simmie Cobbs and a 14-yard punt by Erich Toth, Ohio State quarterback Cardale Jones made several IU defenders miss while scrambling and completed a pass to Jalin Marshall. Marshall then fumbled the ball and IU recovered near its own goal line.

IU then attempted a fake punt from its own 16 yard line that came up short, giving the ball back to Ohio State at the 13-yard line. Ohio State was unable to convert this into a touchdown and settled for a field goal to make it 10-6 IU.

Towards the end of the half, Ohio State once again marched down field to the IU 22. A 39-yard field goal attempt went off the crossbar to keep IU up 10-6.

Brody Miller