Holiday Market accepting vendor applications

Artist Nicole Lewis draws rainbow flowers with her handmade rainbow crayon at the Bloomington Handmade Market on Nov. 8, 2014. "Art 2 the Extreme" features recycled, rainbow crayon creations in over 175 shapes and sizes. Teacher by day and artist by night, Nicole creates fun and unique gifts for all ages and interests. From crayon rings to giant, crayon robots, there is something for everyone to enjoy in their stocking this holiday." ( Bloomington Handmade Market Guide Book, 47)

The Bloomington Parks and Recreation Department is now accepting applications for vendors interested in participating in the annual Holiday Market.

The 13th annual market will take place 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 28 in Showers Common, according to a press release from the Parks and Recreation Department.

There will be booth spaces in the Showers Common as well as inside City Hall.

Arts and crafts submitted for sale at the market must be original pieces made by the applicant, according to the release.

There are 10 categories into which applicants are divided: clay, drawing/painting/photography, fiber arts, metalwork/woodwork, glass, jewelry, naturalistic materials, personal care, recycled arts and surface decoration.

Artists will be selected based on the style and quality of their work, price and variety of artists, according to the release. Those interested in applying to be part of the market may do so at 
bloomington.in.gov/holiday market. There is a $15 jury fee per application. Those who wish to receive full consideration must submit their applications by 5 p.m. Sept. 4.

The market was widely visited last year, with an 
estimated attendance of around 12,000 people, according to the release. There was a live reindeer present at last year’s market, as well as performances by local groups and the TubaSantas.